Fall in love with your feet!
Did you know there are more nerve endings in your feet than anywhere else in your body? There are over 7,000 nerve endings per foot! Your feet are as unique as you are. They have their own individual footprints, different from anyone else in the world. They carry you and your experiences and enable you to climb whatever height you dream of. Appreciate your feet today and every day!
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology, also known as zone therapy, is a massage technique that involves the application of different amounts of pressure to the specific points on the feet to stimulate certain areas of the body and relieve tension.
Your feet reflect your body. Your feet are a diary of life showing the steps you have taken. Your feet, can tell a whole lot about who you are. Reflexology is based on a belief that these body parts are connected to certain organs and systems. Your feet are a diary of life showing the steps you have taken. In Thai Reflexology you incorporate the use of a wooden massage stick.
Some of the benefits of Reflexology Massage on the feet include:
Boosts your circulation
Helps increase energy
Puts you into a state of deep relaxation
Can help with sleep disorders/anxiety/stress
(Reflexology induces a state of calm throughout your body and mind, leaving you feeling less stressed and anxious).
(Reflexology’s primary role in treating chronic pain is to address the secondary complications leading to stress. Reflexology is a “stress buster”. It allows the person to relax and break the cycle of pain and stress that feed into each other. Encouraging relaxation can help the body heal or better manage chronic pain).
Helps remove toxins from the body
In addition to the feet, Reflexology massage can also be performed on the hands, face, neck, ears, and head with specific thumb, finger, and hand massage techniques. You can also add Reflexology massage to your pedicure.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the face is a microsystem of the internal organs with different parts corresponding to different organs.
The concept of facial reflexology is that there are meridian points on the face that correspond with various organs in the body.
“Stimulating these reflexology points does not affect the organs directly, but instead affects the brain’s areas responsible for the regulation of those organs,” says Goodwin. “Stimulating these meridian points with massage benefits their correlating organs through self-regulation, and, as a result, adverse symptoms may be relieved.” – Brian Goodwin (esthetician, herbalist, and international educator at Eminence Organic Skin Care)
Some benefits of facial Reflexology:
- Facial Reflexology: Benefits, Common Points, Tools, and More
- What Is Reflexology? 7 Benefits of Reflexology and How It Works
- What is Foot Reflexology? More Than a Foot Massage.
- Scalp Reflexology Benefits and Uses
- Reflexology – The Maps of Health for professional wellness and a good body feeling, Ewald Kliegel
- What is hand reflexology?
- History of Reflexology
- Eastern Holistic Reflexology: Benefits, History and Tradition
- Differences between the Chinese and the Western Reflexology Treatment
Local businesses I support:
- West of 3rd: A sustainable lifestyle boutique in Downtown Kingman – I love Alex’s Wet Dirt products and use them in my Reflexology practice. The boutique has so many cool things!
- Natural Planet – Health Food Store and so much more!
- Jewelry & Mineral of Las Vegas – Love this place!
- Arizona Rock Shops – Art From God – Great rock and gem shop 🔮 🪨 💎