- Surname Saturday – My Boone Ancestors and Relations
- Jezebel of The Bible, A Jezebel, and the Jezebel Spirit
- 52 Ancestors Week 34: Timeline. Trying to Reconstruct a Timeline of My 3rd Great-Grandparents Michael Nestor and Catherine Hanberry using Irish Petty Session Court Registers.
- 52 Ancestors, Week 31: Help. How Chief Tuccamirgan of the Delaware Tribe Helped My Ancestor Johann Philip Kaes (John Philip Case).
- Rest in Peace Cousin Tony Dow
Monthly Archives: September 2021
If I was required to change my religion to Islam, I’d be a Sufi for sure! It reminds me in so many ways of the Christian mystics. “The body is like the earth, the bones like mountains, the brain like … Continue reading
I wrote this in response to a classmate, in my World Religions course, that was discussing the Maccabean Revolt and 1 and 2 Maccabees. As a Protestant, she was not familiar with the stories found in these books. In her … Continue reading
I was torn as to what to write about! I was quite entranced with the Jewish festival of Purim, as well as Hasidic Judaism, the concept of Midrash, the mysticism of the Kabbalah, and the very cool Golem found in Jewish … Continue reading
Zoroastrianism “may be a minor religion on the world scene today, but it has had a major impact on the world by way of the other monotheisms.” (15) Monotheism: “the doctrine or belief that there is only one God.” (16) My … Continue reading
The Japanese people “emerge from the aboriginal Ainu people. There are still remnants of the Ainu in northern Japan.” (1) They were hunter-gatherers that worshiped nature and animals, The Ainu were animists and believed that all things are inhabited by spirits known … Continue reading