- Five of My Grandfather’s Siblings – All Broken Branches. Premature Death, Never Able to Bloom and Grow into Adulthood. 52 Ancestors, Week 25: Broken Branch.
- The First Name Tacy. 34+ Women named Tacy in my Family Tree! 52 Ancestors, Week 24: Popular Name.
- My Ancestor James McTeer (Mateer) from Kilkeel, Down, N. Ireland. Lived in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. Related lines. 52 Ancestors, Week 22: Conflict.
- My Ancestor Richard Taylor, the Tailor! 52 Ancestors, Week 20: Textile.
- My Cousin Carole Lombard. Our shared Mateer/Meteer Ancestors.
Tag Archives: New Testament
Rosa Mystica Rosa Mysticaa fragrant secret upon the mouth of God. Hildegard Von BingenYour praises echoed from her saintly lips. A Rose among thornsHeavenly chants of medieval monks fill the air. Garden of GodYour divine place of sweet refrain; rest … Continue reading
I wrote this in response to a classmate, in my World Religions course, that was discussing the Maccabean Revolt and 1 and 2 Maccabees. As a Protestant, she was not familiar with the stories found in these books. In her … Continue reading
Zoroastrianism “may be a minor religion on the world scene today, but it has had a major impact on the world by way of the other monotheisms.” (15) Monotheism: “the doctrine or belief that there is only one God.” (16) My … Continue reading
The Japanese people “emerge from the aboriginal Ainu people. There are still remnants of the Ainu in northern Japan.” (1) They were hunter-gatherers that worshiped nature and animals, The Ainu were animists and believed that all things are inhabited by spirits known … Continue reading
Paul’s Letter to Titus Background information about this epistle: “The Pastoral Epistles (PE) comprise a corpus of pseudepigraphical teachings attributed to the apostle Paul and ostensibly written to his closest followers, Timothy and Titus. These books were likely compiled in … Continue reading
A Study of the First Letter of Peter (1 Peter) Continue reading