- My Cousin Carole Lombard. Our shared Mateer/Meteer Ancestors.
- My Immigrant Ancestor Daniel Strang, Sr. – A Frenchman Who Could NOT Make a Tasty Fricassee!
- 52 Ancestors, Week 15. How Do You Spell That? My 2nd Great-Grandfather Elias “Eli” Nutick.
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Week 14: Check it Out! My Ancestor Rev. Thomas Shepard.
- The Three Daisys. 52 Ancestors, Week 11: Flowers. March Theme: Females.
Tag Archives: Religion
The writing prompt for this week is “Check it Out!” There are a few ways to take this, as in sharing something cool or neat, or something to do with libraries and books. I was inspired to write about my … Continue reading
Zoroastrianism “may be a minor religion on the world scene today, but it has had a major impact on the world by way of the other monotheisms.” (15) Monotheism: “the doctrine or belief that there is only one God.” (16) My … Continue reading
The Japanese people “emerge from the aboriginal Ainu people. There are still remnants of the Ainu in northern Japan.” (1) They were hunter-gatherers that worshiped nature and animals, The Ainu were animists and believed that all things are inhabited by spirits known … Continue reading
Dorothy Day was born in Brooklyn Heights, a neighborhood of Brooklyn, Kings County, New York. She was the daughter of John Irving Day and Grace Bryant Satterlee. Her father was born in Tennessee and had deep southern roots going back … Continue reading
A Study of the First Letter of Peter (1 Peter) Continue reading