- Five of My Grandfather’s Siblings – All Broken Branches. Premature Death, Never Able to Bloom and Grow into Adulthood. 52 Ancestors, Week 25: Broken Branch.
- The First Name Tacy. 34+ Women named Tacy in my Family Tree! 52 Ancestors, Week 24: Popular Name.
- My Ancestor James McTeer (Mateer) from Kilkeel, Down, N. Ireland. Lived in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. Related lines. 52 Ancestors, Week 22: Conflict.
- My Ancestor Richard Taylor, the Tailor! 52 Ancestors, Week 20: Textile.
- My Cousin Carole Lombard. Our shared Mateer/Meteer Ancestors.
Tag Archives: Jesus Christ
Rosa Mystica Rosa Mysticaa fragrant secret upon the mouth of God. Hildegard Von BingenYour praises echoed from her saintly lips. A Rose among thornsHeavenly chants of medieval monks fill the air. Garden of GodYour divine place of sweet refrain; rest … Continue reading
As I was getting my Mrs. Santa Claus outfit together, in the last few weeks, in preparation for volunteering to ring The Salvation Army bell this holiday season, I decided to discover the history behind The Salvation Army red kettle … Continue reading
Zoroastrianism “may be a minor religion on the world scene today, but it has had a major impact on the world by way of the other monotheisms.” (15) Monotheism: “the doctrine or belief that there is only one God.” (16) My … Continue reading
My Ancestor Rev. Thomas Shepard, an English and American Puritan Minister and Significant Figure in Early Colonial New England.
In this month of August on the 25th will mark the 372nd anniversary of the death of my quite interesting and significant ancestor Rev. Thomas Shepard. He and his third wife Margaret Borodell are my 8th great-grandparents. She was the … Continue reading
What do you see as the task of theology and why is this important for you and for your faith community? The work or task of theology according to Migliore is,” . . . inseparably bound to an identifiable faith … Continue reading
Embrace the Beauty of your High Forehead. For you are altogether lovely! Continue reading
Paul’s Letter to Titus Background information about this epistle: “The Pastoral Epistles (PE) comprise a corpus of pseudepigraphical teachings attributed to the apostle Paul and ostensibly written to his closest followers, Timothy and Titus. These books were likely compiled in … Continue reading