- Five of My Grandfather’s Siblings – All Broken Branches. Premature Death, Never Able to Bloom and Grow into Adulthood. 52 Ancestors, Week 25: Broken Branch.
- The First Name Tacy. 34+ Women named Tacy in my Family Tree! 52 Ancestors, Week 24: Popular Name.
- My Ancestor James McTeer (Mateer) from Kilkeel, Down, N. Ireland. Lived in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. Related lines. 52 Ancestors, Week 22: Conflict.
- My Ancestor Richard Taylor, the Tailor! 52 Ancestors, Week 20: Textile.
- My Cousin Carole Lombard. Our shared Mateer/Meteer Ancestors.
Tag Archives: Puritians
This week’s 52 Ancestors writing theme is “Popular Name”. This could include ancestors that have a name that was popular or trendy at the time, or a name that keeps getting used in your family tree. I decided to write … Continue reading
My Ancestor Rev. Thomas Shepard, an English and American Puritan Minister and Significant Figure in Early Colonial New England.
In this month of August on the 25th will mark the 372nd anniversary of the death of my quite interesting and significant ancestor Rev. Thomas Shepard. He and his third wife Margaret Borodell are my 8th great-grandparents. She was the … Continue reading
My more recent immigrant ancestors were from in and around Gort and Peterswell Parish in Galway, Ireland, and from Klingenmünster in the Südliche Weinstraße (Southwest Wine Route) district in Germany. I have to go back an additional eighty-five years to find … Continue reading