- Five of My Grandfather’s Siblings – All Broken Branches. Premature Death, Never Able to Bloom and Grow into Adulthood. 52 Ancestors, Week 25: Broken Branch.
- The First Name Tacy. 34+ Women named Tacy in my Family Tree! 52 Ancestors, Week 24: Popular Name.
- My Ancestor James McTeer (Mateer) from Kilkeel, Down, N. Ireland. Lived in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. Related lines. 52 Ancestors, Week 22: Conflict.
- My Ancestor Richard Taylor, the Tailor! 52 Ancestors, Week 20: Textile.
- My Cousin Carole Lombard. Our shared Mateer/Meteer Ancestors.
Tag Archives: Virginia
This week’s 52 Ancestors writing theme is “Popular Name”. This could include ancestors that have a name that was popular or trendy at the time, or a name that keeps getting used in your family tree. I decided to write … Continue reading
My McGuire/Maguire Ancestors from Fermanagh, No. Ireland and McElliogott Parish – near Tralee, County Kerry, Ireland. In Virginia, Kentucky, and Indiana in USA.
The furthest I can take my McGuire ancestors back is to James McGuire born about 1620 in Fermanagh, Ulster, Northern Ireland and died about 1682 in McElligott Parish (near Tralee), Kerry, Ireland and Cecelia McNamara Reagh born about 1623 in … Continue reading
My Quaker Lamb and Moore Ancestors in Virginia and North Carolina. Later Doty/Doughty Primitive Baptists in Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois.
The furthest I can take my Lamb ancestry back with certainty is to my Quaker 8th great-grandparents Henry Lamb and Elizabeth Henely. Henry Lamb was born 1697 in Virginia and died 10 Feb 1761 in Rowan County, North Carolina. His … Continue reading
Aye, I have Scottish Urquhart ancestors❣️
My Watts, Gooden/Goodwin, and Urquhart lines.