- My Cousin Carole Lombard. Our shared Mateer/Meteer Ancestors.
- My Immigrant Ancestor Daniel Strang, Sr. – A Frenchman Who Could NOT Make a Tasty Fricassee!
- 52 Ancestors, Week 15. How Do You Spell That? My 2nd Great-Grandfather Elias “Eli” Nutick.
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Week 14: Check it Out! My Ancestor Rev. Thomas Shepard.
- The Three Daisys. 52 Ancestors, Week 11: Flowers. March Theme: Females.
Tag Archives: Dutch
My Ancestor Maria Thomas Badie, Gifted Two Silver Communion Beakers to The Dutch Reformed Church of Breuckelen (Brooklyn, New York) in 1684. 52 Ancestors March Theme: Females. Week 10: Worship.
My ancestor Maria Thomas Badie was a wealthy woman who was married three times. In surviving legal documents, Maria used Thomas or Badie as her surname, not those of her husbands. (1) In records, the most common variants of her name … Continue reading
52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Week 6: Maps. February Theme: Branching Out. My Ancestor Anneken (Annetje) Hendricks Vanderbilt from Bergen, Norway.
Above is a painting of an old map of Bergen, Norway. Hieronimus Scholaeus’ prospect of Bergen was painted about 1580 and published in Cologne in 1588 in a large atlas with pictures of “cities from the whole world” The Civitates … Continue reading
My Greatsinger (Gretzinger) and Bonnett ancestors are through my great x3 Grandmother Hannah Elizabeth Kritsinger/Greatsinger (she married David Prindle, Sr.). Her grandfather was Johann Christian Gretzinger (Greatsinger), he was the son of Johann Jacob Gretzinger and Loisa (Louisa) Antoneta Bonnett, … Continue reading