- My Cousin Carole Lombard. Our shared Mateer/Meteer Ancestors.
- My Immigrant Ancestor Daniel Strang, Sr. – A Frenchman Who Could NOT Make a Tasty Fricassee!
- 52 Ancestors, Week 15. How Do You Spell That? My 2nd Great-Grandfather Elias “Eli” Nutick.
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Week 14: Check it Out! My Ancestor Rev. Thomas Shepard.
- The Three Daisys. 52 Ancestors, Week 11: Flowers. March Theme: Females.
Tag Archives: Cole
Carole Lombard was an American movie actress who became one of the highest paid stars of the 1930s. She is probably best known for starring in comedies and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for her role … Continue reading
52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Theme for March: Females. The story of the life of my 3rd great-grandmother Cordelia Merchant Cole.
March is Women’s History Month. The writing theme for March is “Females” and for this ninth week it is “Female.” I have so many women in my family tree I could write about. And later in the month, I for … Continue reading
My Greatsinger (Gretzinger) and Bonnett ancestors are through my great x3 Grandmother Hannah Elizabeth Kritsinger/Greatsinger (she married David Prindle, Sr.). Her grandfather was Johann Christian Gretzinger (Greatsinger), he was the son of Johann Jacob Gretzinger and Loisa (Louisa) Antoneta Bonnett, … Continue reading
Week 47: Thankful This week’s prompt for 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks is Thankful. “Is there an ancestor you’re especially thankful that you found or a story that you’re thankful you discovered? What about all of the wonderful resources available … Continue reading
52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2021 – Week 46: Birthdays. My cousin the Treasonous Benedict Arnold and the Important Date of 21 September 1780.
When I got the prompt this week and read that it was birthdays, I considered writing about shared ancestors with my same birthday – the 21st of September. But then decided to take a different approach and write about what … Continue reading