- My Cousin Carole Lombard. Our shared Mateer/Meteer Ancestors.
- My Immigrant Ancestor Daniel Strang, Sr. – A Frenchman Who Could NOT Make a Tasty Fricassee!
- 52 Ancestors, Week 15. How Do You Spell That? My 2nd Great-Grandfather Elias “Eli” Nutick.
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Week 14: Check it Out! My Ancestor Rev. Thomas Shepard.
- The Three Daisys. 52 Ancestors, Week 11: Flowers. March Theme: Females.
Tag Archives: Merchant
I was not looking forward to this week’s writing prompt. I have zero direct ancestors with a flower name, and not really any gardening stories to share of any ancestors I know about. So, I decided to branch out to … Continue reading
52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Theme for March: Females. The story of the life of my 3rd great-grandmother Cordelia Merchant Cole.
March is Women’s History Month. The writing theme for March is “Females” and for this ninth week it is “Female.” I have so many women in my family tree I could write about. And later in the month, I for … Continue reading
The writing prompt for this week is “Courting”. Either as in courting in the law or courting as in romance. I could write about the myriad of ancestors that are found in Colonial American court records, including the ancestor I … Continue reading
My maternal 3rd great-grandparents Joseph Losure and Sarah Lozier were 1st cousins. The furthest I can take this line back is to my 8th great-grandfather Elias Looser. He was born about 1663 in Oberriexingen, Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. I found one … Continue reading